Friday 8 February 2013

The Covenant of Antarctica in dry docks...

My brother very kindly sent my Dystopian Wars stuff up to me as an advance to the beginning of hostilities between his Russian and my Covenant of Antarctica fleets (we had ordered together).

I must say these are really nice, I wasn't sure what to expect from the resin casts, but there are only a few mould lines and 'flash' (if resin is still called that).  The ships are quite large and hefty, and very nicely detailed.  I don't think I'll be able to do them justice to be honest.

Now I have some cleaning up to do, some undercoating and prep, so I have a little time before having to settle on a paint scheme, something that I am really unsure about at the moment.

I'm really liking the look of Dystopian Wars, rules wise the game seems a lot of fun, and the sculpts are certainly excellent.  So that's that - my fleet is in dry-docks, some maintenance and fresh paint and they'll be ready to prowl the sea lanes.

Lacking the turrets...
Looking good!
Russian's beware...
There are only a couple of metal pieces altogether...
This one will be mounted on a large flying base. Great (and hefty) model!
A viewing of the fleet before the reparations begin...


Cheers,
Giles.



2 comments:

  1. I know the covenant are supposed to be technologically superior but you haven't P'd my Russians just yet hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that comment from Russia with love? ;)

    Now the question remains - when???

    The one thing I am really stuck on is a paint scheme that will do them justice (and not cause my mind to explode)!

    ReplyDelete